Saturday 20 March 2010

Progress Report

As mentioned in the previous blog, time is limited at the moment and I have been attempting to create and apply ideas for my individual tasks as well as helping produce the group tasks – the radio advertisement and the film trailer. However, there have been some issues which has meant that alternative routes have been taken to solve these problems. An example of this is the way we have not been allowed to use existing music on our radio and film productions, even though previous portfolios have allowed this. Instead, we are going to use our own music for this. This has meant that we have larger responsibility surrounding the sound of our background music. It has also meant, however, that we have been able to directly mould the music around our pieces.

Relating to the individual tasks directly, I have been using Photoshop again, to update myself with some of the tools. This will aid my production of the individual tasks as I’ll be able to save time, which is critical at this late stage in the coursework. It will also give me the opportunity to create products that represent my full idea and in turn, show my understanding of these technologies. I have also created drawings of potential magazine front covers on paper, which has allowed for larger diversity when constructing an idea, due to the ease of drawing, in contrast to the complexities of Photoshop.

I have also spent time deciding the actual layout of the front cover; the use of the front cover to attract a potential audience is very important so the decision has not been taken lightly. The layout for my magazine is going to be similar to the style of Empire. The reason for this is that the picture I will be using conveys a sense of enigma, which is characteristic of this magazine throughout my research. This is reinforced by the posture and positioning of the character within the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment