Friday 13 November 2009

How has my creativity developed through the use of digital technology?

Digital equipment has influenced the planning of my ideas, whereby the product which I created, had been altered and changed to a big extent during the three stages of the process. This has lead to a product which may not represent the set ideas I began with as the changes I had made took place due to my creative development and also means that the genre, originally decided on, was slightly subverted and reinforced in certain places with editing and camera work techniques.

At a practical level, it means that I can identify with the use of such equipment and how particular functions on these technologies work to create a product more accurately related to my ideas. The use of such equipment means that, for the future creation of a media product, I will be able to recognise what my capabilities and challenges are, by being able to identify with the evaluation of what went well and what went badly when using such equipment previously. These capabilities will mean that I can approach filming and editing or any other tasks which involve digital equipment, sure that what I have planned on doing can be done without any mistakes, due to my further knowledge of the digital equipment, and how this can work along side my creativity. Due to the level of expense involved with the equipment, a full paper analysis of safety measures were taken to insure that the equipment was secure no matter where it was taken to. This gave me the chance to film on locations that were representative of my ideas, furthering the creative aspect of the product.

As well as this, there is also the distribution aspect of these digital technologies which gave me an insight into newer technologies such as web 2. My final product, after editing, had the opportunity be viewed all over the world on the internet through sites such as YouTube. Using these websites has raised my awareness that media can be viewed with much more ease involved than other methods such as newspapers or television. Furthermore, user generated comments on these websites also helped as an analysis of my final product and has lead to advice which I can incorporate into my future products.

DVD is another form of digital technology which has aided my understanding of certain distribution methods. This form of technology means that my product can provide entertainment more easily than analog methods such as video, which may also be harder to access and the quality will be lower. DVD can also provide more entertainment than video or other analog methods in the sense that it has a bigger storage space; so therefore, it can contain more information for the viewer to interact with. This is important as the viewer may be interested in some of the features provided on DVD’s

No comments:

Post a Comment